Our 10 Favorite Healthy Treat Recipes
One of the ways that humans show each other they care is through food, and the same goes for humans and their pets. These treats are healthy, delicious, and easy to make, so next time your pet has a special occasion (or you just want to show her a little extra love!), get your apron on and put together one of these creative recipes:
1. What makes these Crunchy Spinach and Chicken Cat Treats so irresistible? We’re thinking it’s the organic catnip that’s blended into the dough.
2. As far as creativity goes, Pretzel Dough Doggie Birthday Candles definitely take the cake. Just make the dough, wrap it around some rope, pop it in the oven, and voila!––a homemade treat and toy that is great for birthday paw-ties and other fun events.
Source: A Subtle Revelry
3. Packed with fresh strawberries and blueberries, these Frozen Star Dog Treats are perfect for warm summer days spent running around in the backyard.
Source: Irresistible Pets
4. Peanut Butter Bacon Dog Treats may not sound very healthy, but the inclusion of whole wheat flour, oats, and creamy organic peanut butter make up for the tiny bits of bacon (which can be left out if your dog needs to lose weight, but are otherwise an excellent source of protein for your pup).
Source: Sally’s Baking Addiction
5. Your cat will go crazy for these Chicken and Brown Rice Chewy Treats, made with baby food and cooked brown rice.
Source: Watch Out, Martha!
6. Filled with fiber and vitamins A and C, Apple Chip Dog Treats are a fresh alternative to sweet potato chews.
Source: First Home Love Life
7. Sticking with the apple trend, give your dog a healthy dose of calcium, fiber, and vitamins with Apple-Yogurt Freezies.
Source: Pawsh Magazine
8. It only take five ingredients to put together these Tuna Cat Treats. No-salt added tuna and oat flour make these addicting crunchy bites perfect for healthy kitties.
Source: Joy the Baker for Design Sponge
9. Combine sardines, catnip, and a few other wholesome ingredients for these Sardine Cat Treats.
Source: Offbeat Home
10. Carrot juice, unsweetened applesauce, vanilla, peanut butter…are we sure these Carrot and Oat Dog Biscuits aren’t for humans?
Source: Food + Words
Tagged cat treats, DIY, dog treats, Health, Recipes, treats