The submission deadline for the 2014 Photo Contest has now passed. Check out our June/July issue for print winners, and check back online in early June to see all the online winners as well!
It’s that time of year again: The 2014 Tails Photo Contest is officially underway! Send us your best pet photos for a chance to be featured (or even possibly on the cover!) of our June/July 2014 issue.
The deadline for submissions is Sunday, May 4, 2014.
Submitting your photos for the 2014 Photo Contest is simple. Just follow these quick and easy instructions:
1. Get your picture ready to send to us. We can only accept high quality digital pictures because the pictures must be able to go in print. iPhone photos or snapshots of old photos unfortunately will not show up correctly.
2. Identify which of the above categories you wish to submit your photograph to. Please note only one photo is accepted per person, per category––so make sure it’s the best one you have! (Since you can submit one photo to each category, we ask that you please send a different photo for each category entered.)
3. Identify whether you are submitting to our local Chicago print edition, or to our online version open to pet lovers everywhere!
4. Now it is time to email us your entry:
• Put the Category and Edition you’ve identified in steps 2 and 3 in the SUBJECT of your email to us. (For example: Goofiest/Chicago or Sweetest Senior/Online)
• Attach your photograph to the email
• In the body of the email, be sure to let us know who you are and how to contact you to send you your prize if you win. Please include your:
2. Pet’s Name
4. Phone Number
5. Email address (if it is different than the email you’re sending us the entry from)
Once you’ve got that all together, email your completed entry and all information to Photo2014@TailsInc.com.
And voila! Your submission will be on its way to us. You will receive an automated response letting you know that your email was received. Only one automated response is sent to an email address per day, so if you send multiple submissions in one 24 hour period, you will only receive one automated response. Submissions sent that do not include all of the above information will be removed from the system and deemed ineligible for the contest, so please be sure to only hit ‘send’ once you’ve got everything ready to go.
We receive so many wonderful photos each and every year that we have decided to hold onto all the photos and try to use them throughout this next year. As such, we must let everyone know that all photo contest submissions received become the property of Tails Communications, Inc., and might be published at any time in print, online, or in our e-newsletter. So be sure to keep picking up your copies of TAILS––you might see your best friend is in it!
We really look forward to your entries and to an awesome 2014 Photo Contest.
Thank you, as always, for supporting TAILS magazine and helping promote animal welfare and rescue!
– The TAILS Team