The ASPCA’s Animal Poison Control Center receives over 180,000 calls a year from pet parents whose animals have ingested or been exposed to something toxic (learn about the 10 household items that are most dangerous to pets). As a responsible pet guardian, it’s important to know what to do in the event your dog or cat has been in contact with a potentially hazardous substance.
The team over at VetDepot has put together this infrogaphic that goes over what to do if your pet has been poisoned and provides preventative tools so you can help keep the emergency from happening in the first place. Make sure to copy down the hotlines numbers listed on the bottom or save them in your phone––you may never need them, but you’ll be happy you’ve got them if you do.
More on Pet Wellness: