Did you know that many of the same superfoods that are great for you are also great for your pet? The experts at Spring Naturals have shared some information on the best of the best when it comes to your pet’s health and well-being:
1. Quinoa – Difficult to pronounce but delicious to eat, quinoa is a popular protein-packed gluten-free seed. Rich in calcium, phosphorus, iron, and Vitamin B, the benefits of quinoa for your dog are endless. In addition to being an excellent energy source, this superfood has been associated with the prevention of cancer, diabetes and heart disease. It’s also gluten free, which makes it great for pets who may have food allergies or digestive issues.
2. Blueberries – This small but antioxidant-rich fruit packs a punch. Blueberries are loaded with fiber, which aids in your pet’s digestion and helps control blood sugar levels. Plus, blueberries have been known to improve cardiovascular health and cognitive function.
3. Cranberries – Filled with antioxidants and rich in vitamins and minerals, cranberries are a fresh, healthy food for your pet. In addition to being used to help pets and people experiencing kidney issues and urinary tract infections, cranberries support normal cardiovascular and immune systems by protecting your pet from free radicals that can damage cells and tissues.
4. Carrots – When it comes to nature’s superfoods, carrots are one of the best. Loaded with phytonutrients and Vitamins A, K and C, carrots have a ton of antioxidant power. They help promote eye, heart and lung health, while also improving your dog’s vision and blood sugar levels.
5. Spinach – Well-known for its high iron content, spinach is a fiber-rich superfood. Its high-levels of Vitamin K contribute to proper bone health. The flavonoids and carotenoids also found in spinach contain anti-inflammatory and cancer preventing properties to help sustain your pet’s long-term health.
6. Sweet Potatoes – High in fiber, sweet potatoes are a great ingredient to aid in your pet’s digestion. As a source of antioxidants, iron and Vitamins A, C and B6, this superfood supports a strong immune system and proper healing. Not to mention, sweet potatoes keep your pup’s coat shiny and healthy.