TailsInc.com

Featured

Photoshopped Rachael Ray Cover Goes Viral!

June 12, 2012 by Tails Magazine in Featured, Home, News with 51 Comments

October 2010 Cover

Originally posted March 25, 2011

Hi TAILS Fans–

They say there is no such thing as bad publicity, and we do love a TAILS cover gone viral!

However, the circulating cover from October 2010, featuring our friend and all-time animal lover, Rachael Ray, was indeed Photoshopped.

We want to assure anyone who has stumbled upon the cover, that the image being circulated is in fact an unauthorized ALTERED cover.

The image posted here is the actual cover that was printed, WITH commas!

We do get the joke, but just want to make sure we set the record straight, for our sake and Rachael Ray’s (and her family and her dog, of course!).

Thanks!

The TAILS Team

Tagged , , ,

51 Comments

1. เรียนพิเศษที่บ้านJune 17, 2014 at 11:25 amReply

Howdy! I could have sworn I’ve visited this blog before but after going through a few of
    the posts I realized it’s new to me. Nonetheless,
    I’m certainly happy I discovered it and I’ll be bookmarking it and checking back
    regularly!

2. Somewhat Tardy Dog Eater InformerJune 25, 2013 at 10:34 amReply

Dog Eater – along with the above corrections do check out the Oxford comma. It’s controversial, but it is a comma before an ‘and’ (presumably what you meant to say in your nonsense sentence) where it is felt that clarification is needed.
    For example: “Andy, his brother in law and his father went fishing.” Is that Andy’s father or his brother in law’s? The Oxford comma would be used to make clear that it’s Andy’s.

Grammar Nazi addresser – I love the ironically incorrect form of you’re in your title! At least I’m assuming it’s ironic…. ;)

And getting back on topic, Tails, that is a superb response to the viral cover! Kudos to you!

3. SomethingelseMarch 8, 2013 at 9:59 amReply

Eat, Ray, Love is pretty bad too, commas or no commas

4. JoshuaFebruary 25, 2013 at 3:45 pmReply

Its part of having a open and diversive internet. Ownership on the Internet of anythign that goes on the internet is a grey area at best and there is alot of benefits in that. I am glad you see the humor in it, lesser organizations may have tried to sue.

5. SueNovember 2, 2012 at 11:42 amReply

I love the way you responded to someone tampering with your cover. I, too, found the joke amusing and I appreciate that someone at your fine magazine crafted the perfectly balanced response.

6. Dog EaterJune 23, 2012 at 10:40 amReply

Actually even with the commas, it’s still grammatically incorrect. First of all, you can have a comma after the “and.” Secondly, all elements in a list must be the same. One could argue that ‘cooking’ is a verb in this situation rather than a gerund. In my opinion, the blurb sounds iffy in general perhaps using cooking as the last listed element would make more sense. “Rachel Ray finds inspiration in her dog, her family, and cooking.”

• CassieNovember 1, 2012 at 5:44 pmReply

Actually…the commas are used correctly and “cooking” is definitely being used a noun.

Cooking: the art or practice of preparing food.

You can’t say someone is grammatically incorrect because you aren’t fully aware of all forms of a word.

• Dog Eater CorrectorNovember 1, 2012 at 6:37 pmReply

Actually, with the commas, it’s grammatically correct. I can’t make out what your “First of all” comment even means — you cannot have a comma after the “and”, but they don’t have a comma there. All the elements are the same. Rachael Ray finds inspiration in cooking. Rachael Ray finds inspiration in her family. Rachael Ray finds inspiration in her dog. If you’ve found a rephrasing that makes more sense to you, that doesn’t make their phrasing wrong. (And there’s no way to win an argument that “cooking” there is not a gerund.) Finally, in my opinion, you’ve got a run-on sentence that starts with “In my opinion”.

• Grammar Nazi. Your Doing It WrongApril 4, 2013 at 3:25 pmReply

“Cooking” is undeniably a gerund in this instance. Gerunds are nouns. There is absolutely no argument that you could make that “cooking” is a verb here without re-writing the rules of English grammar.