CACC Supervising Veterinarian Position
The City of Chicago Commission on Animal Care and Control is currently seeking candidates for the position of SUPERVISING VETERINARIAN.
- Under general direction, oversees the functions of the Medical Division and supervises staff engaged in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases and disorders of animals at the Animal Care and Control Center, and performs related duties as required.
- Supervises the performance of various types of surgeries, including routine neuters and spays, and provides surgical or medical guidance as required.
- Functions as facility’s manager in the absence of the Executive Director and Deputy Director.
- Trains Veterinarians and other staff in the use of tranquilizing equipment and proper euthanasia procedures.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Doctoral Degree in Veterinary Medicine, plus two years of work experience in the practice of veterinary medicine. Must be currently licensed to practice veterinary medicine, AND be licensed to practice veterinary medicine in the State of Illinois within four months of hire. Must receive Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) license within 90 days of hire.
Residency Requirement: An employee must be an actual resident of the City of Chicago. Proof of residency will be required at the time of employment.
Application is accepted on-line only at www.cityofchicago.org/careers. Must apply by May 31, 2012.
City of Chicago is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Tagged CACC, Job Posting