ASPCA Awards Almost $500,000 in Grants in ‘Mega Match-a-Thon’ Event
The ASPCA® (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®) has announced 56 animal rescue organizations are receiving grant funding to participate in the first ever ASPCA ‘Mega Match-a-thon’ event, which will take place in late March and early April 2012. The ASPCA is granting $492,250 to support a host of large-scale adoption events held nationwide in an effort to save more lives of shelter animals.
“We hope the grant funding will help these rescue organizations—in collaboration with other groups in their community—save a record number of lives during the ASPCA’s ‘Mega Match-a-thon’ event,” said ASPCA President & CEO Ed Sayres. “If we all work together, we can find loving homes for the many homeless animals in shelters across the country.”
The 56 animal rescue organizations that will team up to host adoption events during the ASPCA’s first-ever ‘Mega Match-a-thon’ event are:
- Humane Society of Southern Arizona in Tucson, Ariz.
- Bark Avenue Foundation in Studio City, Calif.
- Riverside County Department of Animal Services in Riverside, California
- Sacramento SPCA in Sacramento, Calif.
- Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region in Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Washington Animal Rescue League in Washington, D.C.
- Humane Society of Greater Miami in Miami, Fla.
- Humane Society of Tampa Bay in Tampa, Fla.
- Jacksonville Humane Society in Jacksonville, Fla.
- Leon County Humane Society in Tallahassee, Fla.
- Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League in West Palm Beach, Florida
- Boggs Mountain Humane Shelter in Tiger, Ga.
- Georgia Heartland Humane Society in Newnan, Ga.
- Maui Humane Society in Puunene, Hawaii
- Chicago Animal Care & Control in Chicago, Ill.
- Tree House Humane Society in Chicago, Ill.
- South Suburban Humane Society in Chicago Heights, Ill.
- TAILS Humane Society in Dekalb, Ill.
- City of Fort Wayne Center for Animal Care & Control in Fort Wayne, Indiana
- No More Homeless Pets KC in Merriam, Kan.
- Scott County Humane Society in Georgetown, Ky.
- Louisiana SCPA in New Orleans, La.
- Merrimack River Feline Rescue Society in Salisbury, Mass.
- New England Society for Abandoned Animals in Osterville, Massachusetts
- Bangor Humane Society in Bangor, Maine
- Greater Androscoggin Humane Society in Lewiston, Maine
- Animal Allies Humane Society in Duluth, Minn.
- Columbia Second Chance in Columbia, Mo.
- Joplin Humane Society in Joplin, Mo.
- Kansas City Pet Project in Kansas City, Mo.
- Wayside Waifs in Kansas City, Mo.
- Humane Society of South Mississippi in Gulfport, Miss.
- Humane Society of Western Montana in Missoula, Mont.
- Asheville Humane Society in Asheville, N.C.
- Humane Society of Atlantic County in Atlantic City, N.J.
- Santa Fe Animal Shelter and Humane Society in Santa Fe, New Mexico
- The Animal Foundation in Las Vegas, Nev.
- Erie County SPCA in Tonawanda, N.Y.
- Mayor’s Alliance for New York City’s Animals in New York, New York
- Mohawk and Hudson River Humane Society in Menands, N.Y.
- Animal Friends in Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Better Days Animal Rescue in Shippensburg, Pa.
- Greenville County Animal Care Services in Greenville, S.C.
- Humane Net in North Charleston, S.C.
- Humane Society of Austin & Travis County in Austin, Texas
- Augusta Regional SPCA in Staunton, Va.
- City of Galax Animal Control in Galax, Va.
- Fluvanna SPCA in Troy, Va.
- Lynchburg Humane Society in Lynchburg, Va.
- Middleburg Humane Foundation in Middleburg, Va.
- Peninsula SPCA in Newport News, Va.
- Virginia Beach SPCA in Virginia Beach, Va.
- Humane Society for Southwest Washington in Vancouver, Wash.
- SCRAPS Hope Foundation in Spokane Valley, Wash.
- Dane County Humane Society in Madison, Wis.
- Wisconsin Humane Society in Milwaukee, Wis.
For more information about the ASPCA ‘Mega Match-a-thon’ events these shelters will be holding, please stay tuned to TAILS or the ASPCA.
Did your group receive a grant? What are you planning to do with the funds?
Tagged ASPCA, grants, Mega Match-a-Thon