This Valentine’s Day while you are celebrating with cards, candies, flowers and a nice dinner, make sure your four-legged friend is all dolled up for the holiday as well with Janny Pie’s “Puppy Love Valentine’s Day Pet Collar.”
This is a very simple project that will give your cat or dog some extra style when it’s too late for Jingle Bell collars and too early for Easter Bunny ears.
What You Need
• Attractive ribbon for the collar that is the diameter of your pet’s neck. Shown: Red 1” wide grosgrain ribbon, 15” long.
• 5” of extra ribbon for bow
• Piece of felt at least 5” x 3”—Shown: Red pattern embossed felt
• Embellishment—Shown: Inspirables Metal Stickers (Engagement series)
• Metal ring, jump ring, or string to tie tag to collar—Shown: 9mm round jump ring
How to Make It
1. Cut two tag shapes from felt. Use hole punch to make a small hole at top of both pieces.
2. Attach embellishments to front tag piece.
3. Sew felt shapes together.
4. Add metal ring.
5. Thread ribbon through ring, measure around pet’s neck. Add 2” to length.
6. Seal ends of ribbon from fraying by holding near a match flame until ends melt (but don’t catch fire!)
7. Cut and seal an extra 5” piece of ribbon.
8. Fold extra piece of ribbon into bow. Pin bow in place at end of ribbon collar.
9. Attach metal snaps to ends of collar.
10. Use snaps to place collar on your pet!
For more information please visit JannyPie.com