For many of us, holiday baking is a festive time of year filled with sweet treats that we deliver to friends and family. But, have you thought about cookie recipes for your dog? Baking for our pets is a sure way to give them healthy yet tasteful treats that they will enjoy.
Making dog treats is also a fun family activity, and a great way to get kids into the kitchen. You can get creative packaging the finished products, too! A basket of treats tied with ribbon is a wonderful way to spread holiday cheer to all furry friends near and dear to your heart!
Peanut Butter Dog Biscuit Recipe
Preheat oven to 375º F. Line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
2 3/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
2 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Peanut Butter
1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
1 cup Water
1. Combine flours, brown sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl. Add eggs and peanut butter and mix until incorporated.
2. Mix in oil. Next add enough water until dough is smooth and workable. You may not need to use the entire cup of water.
3. Cover the dough and set aside for 15-20 minutes.
4. Roll out the dough to about 3/8″- 1/2″ thick. Cut to desired shapes then put on sheet pans.
5. Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until biscuits are slightly browned and fairly hard (they will harden a touch more when cool.) Set aside to cool completely.